Sunday, July 25, 2010

X - Aspirations


For my first post, I thought I'd start with some classic Australian punk. Formed by ex-Rose Tattoo bass player Ian Rilen, X released this, their debut album, in 1979. With a combination of the hard-driving bass lines, perfect hooks and spastic post-punk guitar riffs, X created a unique sound that makes this album an original and memorable artifact of "murder punk" (for those who don't know, murder punk is the catchall term for the late 70s Australian punk scene).

Track List:
1. Suck Suck
2. Present
3. Simulated Lovers
4. Police
5. Revolution
6. Turn My Head
7. Good On Ya Baby
8. Delinquent Cause
9. I Don't Wanna Go Out
10. Lipstick
11. It Must Be Me
12. Coat Of Green
13. Waiting
14. Batman

Download it here

2 comments:

  1. Damn!
    I only ever heard that there was another band called X without ever hearing the music.
    I just skimmed through almost every one of these songs and I like them all so far.

    You have made me a fan. Thanks for posting this.

    Now I have to find the rest of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, their other albums aren't quite as good as this one, but they have a pretty sweet live album from the late 70s that i might post some day

    ReplyDelete